Kempower’s risk management is guided by the risk management policy approved by the company’s Board of Directors. The goal of risk management is to ensure the implementation of the company’s strategy.
This requires that:
- information is available on the uncertainties, risks and opportunities associated with the objectives and activities;
- there are synchronised and effective methods for identifying, assessing and managing risks and their consequences;
- willingness to take risks is in proportion with the capacity to absorb risk.
- taking risks is in proportion with intended benefits; and
- risk reporting is part of other management reporting
Risk management is a systematic activity aimed at ensuring the comprehensive and appropriate identification, assessment, management and control of risks. It is an integral part of the company’s strategy process, decision-making, day-to-day management and operations, and control and reporting procedures in all operating countries.